What’s News in IS Technology?
In this assignment, you will create a summary report on a topic relating to Information Systems that has impacted a business decision or served prominently as a solution utilized by an enterprise. The idea here is to locate timely, newsworthy data relating to the latest developments in Information Systems. You will evaluate and synthesize your new-found data and post a summary of the current event in a Discussion forum to share the knowledge gained with your peers. The data that you post as well as the opinions, comments and conclusions posted in responses by your peers can serve to increase the knowledge database available to the class for the Research Project.
This IS Technology Current Event assignment requires the utilization of APA style formatting. The APA style requirements for this IS Technology Current Event assignment is no different than those for the written document assignments when you have “borrowed” data from a source, whether the source is the course textbook or an outside source. Review the Course Specific APA Style Instructions and Guidance page for detailed information, tutorials, and examples of APA style formatting.
Please note that your instructor may also post modifications or additional requirements for this IS Technology Current Event assignment in the Canvas message Inbox or Announcements.
Your instructor will evaluate and grade this IS Technology Current Event assignment using the IS Technology Current Event Rubric.
IS Technology Current Event Assignments Requirements
- Post your summary data by selecting “Reply” in the assignment’s Discussions forum.
- Your post should contain a minimum of 250 words.
- Post your summary data before the last day of the module’s week.
- Unless you are a subject matter expert on the topic, based on your degrees, certifications or “on the job training,” do not submit data obtained only from personal experience.
- Your data needs to be grammatically sound and free of spelling errors.
- Using terminology from the course textbook and primary sources in your documents will enhance your grade.