Pro and Con of an Issue
This assignment requires you to write two paragraphs. The first paragraph will be the “pro” in support of your issue. The second paragraph will be the “con” of your issue. Each paragraph will have a paraphrased or summarized example. Instructions:
1. Select ONE of these issues: a. Wage Standards b. Screen Time for Children c. Jury Duty
2. Go to the Library database and search for one “pro” article and one “con” article on the issue.
3. Read the article and underline important support that you will want to include in your paragraphs.
4. Create your pro paragraph using your pro article; include a paraphrase or a summary of the evidence from your article. Be sure to include an in-text citation: (author’s last name, year of publication).
5. Create your con paragraph using your con article; include a paraphrase or a summary of the evidence from your article. Be sure to include an in-text citation: (author’s last name, year of publication).
6. Make sure you create a reference page for the two articles you use in your paragraphs. Requirements:
• Submit a Word document or PDF.
• Include an APA formatted title page and proper APA style formatting on the document (Times New Roman, 12-point font suggested), with 1-inch margins and double-spaced.
• Each paragraph should be 7–9 sentences.
• Use evidence from an academic and reliable library resource that is either paraphrased or summarized.
Make sure to include that evidence in your essay with a parenthetical citation and a references page.
Follow proper APA format when including that evidence. • Use objective third-person language: “he,” “she,” “it,” “him,” “her,” “himself,” “herself,” “itself,” “they,” “them,” “their,” “themselves.” (Avoid subjective language, such as “I,” “me,” “you,” “we,” “us,”etc.)
For this assignment, select one of these issues to write about:
- Wage Standards
- Screen Time for Kids
- Jury Duty
Create one “pro” paragraph in support of the issue and one “con” paragraph against the issue.You need to include one academic and reliable source in the “pro” paragraph and one in the “con” paragraph.Please review the attached directions for Unit 4 Assignment: Pro and Con of an Issue Unit 4 Assignment: Pro and Con of an Issue – Alternative Formats . Then, submit it using the submission link above by 11:59 p.m. EST, Sunday, of Unit 4.You should also make sure to submit a Word document or PDF through the submission link. You can review directions for submitting an assignment in Blackboard through this resource: