ENRON: The Smartest Guys in the Room film reflection. After reading the Ritzer article and watching the ENRON film, write an essay on any three of the following questions. Do not answer them one by one; you should craft a college-level essay with a strong introduction, body, and conclusion, using APA formatting. Whichever questions you use here, you must also connect them to the Ritzer article.
- What values did Ken Lay learn from his childhood that he brought to ENRON?
- What does it mean when it’s said that Ken Lay “wrapped himself in the cloak of moral rectitude”?
- Describe ENRON’s corporate culture. How did “rank and yank” and “executives engaging in extreme sports” serve to reinforce that culture? How did a particular perspective about bureaucracy fit into this model?
- What motivated Lou Pai?
- Why/how is The Titanic a metaphor for the ENRON scandal?
- What is meant by “Burn baby, burn!”?
- Who were “useful idiots” and why is that term used?
Your assignment should be a paper 1-2 pages long, not including the required title and reference pages. Adhere to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA. Include at least three scholarly sources (you may use the recommended readings) to support your answers. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources. Remember to use in-text citations as appropriate and to include your sources in your reference page.