- Complete a library search for a nursing research article from a peer-reviewed nursing journal that uses a grand or middle-range nursing theory as the theoretical framework for a research study in the practice setting.
- Present the article and describe how the nursing theory was used to guide the research study.
- Discuss how application of theoretical frameworks and models can strengthen nursing research studies and promote theory-based practice within the nursing profession.
- Be sure to supplement your discussion with personal and professional experiences.
- Attach the article to your initial discussion post.
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis and include peer-reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.
Minimum of two references
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Unit 6 Required Resources
- McEwen, M. & Wills, E. (2019). Theoretical basis for nursing (5th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. ISBN 9781496351203.
- Chinn, P. & Kramer, M. (2018) Knowledge development in nursing: Theory and process (10th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier. ISBN 9780323530613
- Langley, M. E., & Brown, S. T. (2010). Perceptions of the use of reflective learning journals in online graduate nursing education (Links to an external site.). Nursing Education Perspectives, 31(1), 12-7.
- American Nurses Association (2018). ANA standards for excellence (Links to an external site.). [Website]. Retrieved from https://www.nursingworld.org/ana/about-ana/standards/.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (2018). ANCC: Promoting excellence in nursing (Links to an external site.). [Website]. Retrieved from https://www.nursingworld.org/ancc/.
- Hilton, K. & Anderson, A. (2018). The psychology of change (Links to an external site.) [PowerPoint Slides]. Retrieved from http://www.ihi.org/resources/Pages/IHIWhitePapers/IHI-Psychology-of-Change-Framework.aspx
Please view the following two videos or powerpoint presentations. They are offered in two formats for your viewing preference.