Find a movie that has a teacher as one of the main protagonist..and the plot involves teaching in some capacity.
Here are a few suggestions…
Mr. Holland’s Opus
Stand and Deliver
Dead Poet’s Society
(I’m sure you can find many others)
Discuss the relationship between the main characters, the events, and the plot of the movie to the concepts we have discussed in Module 2.
Here is an outline:
– Behavioral Views of Learning
– Cognitive Views of Learning
– Complex Cognitive Processes
– Constructivism and Designing Learning Environments
– Social Cognitive Views of Learning and Motivation
– Motivation in Learning and Teaching
There are many theorists and theories presented therein.
In relation to these above concepts:
What concepts/theories can you identify?
What is effective, meaningful learning?
If you see a scenario in which the teaching is less than stellar…what advice can you offer?
I have attached a format for this assignment to help you organize your thoughts.
Also, please have a look at the grading rubric for this assignment.
Do NOT submit this assignment as text. Upload a document in the assignment link.