Another challenge affecting health care delivery is the growing shortage of health care personnel. Quality, a major concern of health care, is directly impacted by understaffing. For your Module 4 SLP, conduct research on the need for health care personnel in your state, city/town, or a location that you are familiar with. Based on your research, compose a 2-page memorandum to your local/state representative identifying your findings. In your memorandum, include the following:
- Detailed statistics on the shortage of health care personnel in your selected geographical area.
- Comparative statistics to the national shortage of health care personnel.
- Explain how health care personnel shortage is affecting health care delivery currently and within the next 10 years.
You may use the following source to review a sample memorandum:
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your memorandum.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 2 pages, not including the title or reference page.
- Support your report with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals. Angelo State University Library (n.d.) Library guide: How to recognize peer reviewed (refereed journals). Retrieved from: Link:https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment. Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from: Link:https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
- For additional information on reliability of sources review the following source. Georgetown University Library (n.d.) Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content