As you watch The Corporation (2003) answer and expand on the following ten questions. The documentary is available through the campus library, Amazon Video, and on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y888wVY5hzw).
- What are some of the metaphors for what a corporation is that you found interesting?
- What does the 14th Amendment have to do with corporations?
- Why are corporations called “externalizing machines”?
- What do you think? When corporations go abroad looking for cheap labor, are they improving the lives of desperate people or exploiting the vulnerable?
- What is “the death of birth”?
- What are “the commons”? Is there anything which cannot be commodified or privately owned?
- What is “the nag factor”?
- How much money is spent on advertising every year?
- What is the Chakrabarty case that went to the Supreme Court and why was it important?
- Is it against the law to falsify the news?
500 word minimum, 20 points