You have been asked to prepare a short Business Report (not an essay) for Bond Company’s board of management in which you include a discussion of the following;
1. Compared to other companies in the greeting cards’ industry, what is Bond’s mean of competitive advantage?
2. Compared to other companies in the greeting cards’ industry, what is Bond’s mission?
3. What do you think would be Bond’s Key Success Factors (KSFs)? You should identify and explain at least six KSFs.
4. Advice Bond Company’s board of management on how important the following types of information would be to Bond to operate in the ‘overlap of digital and traditional’. Provide examples to justify your answer (remember the KSFs identified before).
a. Internal vs external
b. Strategic vs operational
c. Long-term vs short-term
d. Financial vs non-financial
5. As a consultant you have been asked to provide advices on Bond’s organisational structure. Develop the following points:
a. The reasons why organisations treat work units as responsibility centres within their organisational structure.
b. Provide a detailed analysis of the meaning, similarities and differences between;
i. An engineered cost centre
ii. A discretionary cost centre
c. As chief technology officer, Kenji Larsen is in charge of developing prototypes of new writing machines. Determine which type of cost centre (engineered or discretionary) this department is. You must provide a detailed explanation of your choice.
Guidelines on how to prepare a Business Report can be found on Blackboard. Your Business Report is expected to follow these guidelines.