Put yourself in the position of the data analyst who is working with both the information technology department and the research team to develop the research data warehouse that will further this important research in the organization discussed in the article. You have been given permission to move forward utilizing resources within the information technology group to begin the process of database design. The information technology project manager has asked you to reflect on the overall design of the database and provide her a list of the type of entities that should be reflected in the new database as well as the nature of the relationships between these entities (one-to-one, one-to-many, or many-to-many).
Put together a memo to outline these entities and relationships so that the information technology department can secure the appropriate data administrator in programming resources to begin the technical design of the database.
In your memo,
· Explain the data entities that you see being necessary to design the new research database inclusive of data from the electronic health record, genetic sources and research administration sources.
· Describe the relationship between these entities in terms of one-to-one, one-to-many, or many-to-many database relationships.
· Discuss your rationale for the relationships between the proposed entities in this new database design.
· Describe any error checking or referential integrity programming that you would like included in the overall design of the research database.
The Data Design Case Study Memorandum
· Must be one to two double-spaced pages in length.
· Must be written using appropriate business tone.