As an Early Childhood provider, it’s helpful to identify and express your own Professional Philosophy Statement. This statement is a summary of your professional beliefs and values about early childhood education
- Now in this 2nd phase of the project, you will write a rough draft of your Professional Philosophy Statement — using your brainstorming session as a springboard.
- Looking Ahead: The 3rd phase of the project (Module 5) is to take the feedback from your instructor and make the necessary changes from that feedback to produce your final Professional Philosophy Statement.
- Your Professional Philosophy Statement MUST address the following:
- Your personal values and beliefs as they relate to teaching and learning.
- How you believe young children learn and how this has an impact on your role when providing a conducive learning environment
- What you believe are other important aspects of your role in working with young children and their families