For many thousands of years, the primary method of communication was for people to physically gather together to share ideas and discuss concerns. In today’s technology driven world, huge numbers of people gather together without ever directly seeing each other. This is done through social media. Social media is known to produce great changes on how individuals and communities communicate and perceive each other.
Complete the following in a minimum 1-page response:
- Briefly, define social media such as Google+®, Twitter®, Pinterest®, LinkedIn®, and Facebook® and how it differs from traditional media. In addition, how has social media impacted the workplace?
- Given the increased prevalence of social media, how has your personal perspective of multiculturalism and diversity been impacted?
- Select an organization you belong to. How do you think your perspective has impacted that organization? How do you feel that others in the organization have been impacted?
As an information technology professional, you are faced with opposing perspectives on ethical issues in your daily work. Research opposing perspectives on ethical issues faced in the Information Technology field as it pertains to networking. An example might be the difference in perspectives of utilizing biometrics for authentication.
Take into consideration the opposing perspectives of different technologies, as it relates to ethics and complete the following in a minimum 1-page essay.
- Identify the opposing perspective you have chosen.
- Explain the ethical implications that are inherent with both sides of the issue.
- Given the ethical implications on both sides of the issue, evaluate the ethical implications on both sides.
- Provide your perspective on how you might apply the issue in a work situation.