To properly defend a given network, Cyber Security Specialists have to be able to identify threats as they appear on a network in order to mitigate their longstanding affects, should they go undetected.
Using a free timeline creator of your choice (must have download capabilities), create a timeline that outlines the history and evolution of cybersecurity threats.
Be sure that the timeline includes the following:
- A history of viruses, malware, and other recurring software enigmas
- A history and explanation of the birth of ransomware
- The evolution of firewalls and other network security defense systems
- The initiation of white hat vs. black hat hacking
- The evolution of tools (software and hardware) used to mitigate cybersecurity threats
- The historical exploits affecting current security architecture and deployment
Then, in a 250- to 500-word document, explain how the evolution of cybersecurity threat solutions and cybersecurity laws affect security architecture and design. Provide supporting rationales with concrete evidence.