For this assignment, you will read the case of Parker v. Twentieth-Century Fox Film Corp., and answer a series of questions about the case.
Your answers must be in your own words. Do not quote from the case and do not quote from any outside sources. Your work must be your own. If you work on the assignment with another student or students, your submission must still be your own individual work, in your own words.
1. Was the original contract between Parker and Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp. a unilateral contract or a bilateral contract? Explain your answer.
2. Every contract requires consideration in order to be valid. What was the consideration in the original contract?
3. Twentieth Century Fox notified Parker on April 4th that the company would not be able to abide by the contract that was scheduled to begin on May 23rd. What is the legal term for this type of breach of contract?
4. What was Twentieth Century Fox’s defense to the lawsuit?
5. Name at least two ways in which the offered substitute employment differed from the original employment contract.
6. The Court awarded Parker $750,000 in damages.
a. How did the Court arrive at this amount?
b. What is the legal term for this type of damages?