IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, OPEN THIS PAGE AGAIN AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
- Which of the following is not considered a necessary and sufficient condition for change in the person-centered framework?
- Which of the following behavior therapists is credited with developing the social cognitive learning model, doing much work on observational learning and modeling, and writing about self-efficacy?
- Wolpe’s systematic desensitization is based on the principles of:
- Progressive muscle relaxation has become increasingly popular as a method of teaching people to cope with stresses produced by daily living.
- A trend in contemporary behavior therapy is the increased emphasis on the role of thinking in behavior.
- A factor that distinguishes the person-centered approach to group counseling from other approaches is the:
- Erving Polster believes that storytelling:
- The goal of Gestalt therapy is to solve basic problems, to resolve one’s polarities, and to help the individual to adjust to his or her environment.
- The basic goal of Gestalt therapy is:
- An assumption of person-centered therapy is that the counselor’s presence is far more powerful than techniques he or she uses to facilitate change.
- The person-centered therapist generally does not find traditional assessment and diagnosis:
- Accurate empathic understanding helps clients in all the following areas, except:
- Which of the following is not true about Gestalt techniques?
- Which of the statements below regarding Motivational Interviewing is not accurate?
- Behavior therapy is associated with all but one of the following:
- Therapists are encouraged to use positive regard for clients only as a means of shaping their behavior.
- A current trend in Gestalt therapy is toward greater emphasis on the client/therapist relationship rather than on techniques.
- Acceptance is one of the third-generation behavior therapies’ five interrelated core themes.
- Gestalt therapies view a client’s avoidance behavior as related to unfinished business.
- Which of the following is true about “technical eclecticism” in multimodal therapy?
- Phil has been in behavior therapy to address his fear of heights. The treatment will not be considered complete until:
- Through mindfulness exercises, veterans may be better able to observe repetitive negative thinking and prevent extensive engagement with maladaptive ruminative processes.
- A criticism of behavior therapy is that it treats symptoms rather than causes problems.
- According to Gestalt theory, all of the following are true about contact except:
- Gestalt group therapists use experiments to encourage clients to move from talking about action to taking action.
- All of the following are true about social skills training except:
- According to Gestalt theory, people use avoidance in order to:
- The person-centered therapist is best described as a:
- Which of the following is not true about the Gestalt view of the role of confrontation in therapy?
- Which of the following distinguishes the cognitive trend in behavior therapy from the trends of classical and operant conditioning?
- The Gestalt approach to dream work consists of the therapist interpreting the meaning of the symbols in the dream.
- Gestalt therapy is designed for individual counseling, and it typically does not work well in groups.
- Behavior therapy has been shown to be effective in the treatment of chronic pain.
- Maslow believed not enough research was being conducted on anxiety, hostility, and neuroses and too much into joy, creativity, and self-fulfillment.
- Which of the following is not true about the most recent trends in person-centered therapy?
- Modeling is a form of systematic desensitization.
- Carl Rogers’s position on confronting the client is that:
- B. F. Skinner is associated with which of the following trends in the behavioral approach?
- Behavior therapy assumes that:
- In regards to third-generation behavior therapies, one of the core themes is creating a life worth living.
- Empathy is a deep and subjective understanding of the client with the client.
- Behavior therapy is characterized by all of the following, except:
- Since Gestalt therapists believe that questions have a tendency to keep the questioner hidden, safe, and unknown, they often ask clients to change their questions into statements.
- The situation in which behaviors are influenced mainly by the consequences that follow them is:
- Behavior therapy has been criticized for a variety of reasons. Which of the following is one listed in the book?
- Which of the following aspects of a client’s use of language would a Gestalt therapist not focus on?
- Which statement is not true?
- Immediacy is highly valued in the person-centered approach
- Techniques used in mindfulness-based stress reduction therapy include all but:
- Gestalt therapy focuses on the cognitive aspects of therapy.
BUY MORE MATERIALS FOR THIS COURSE:
EDCE 505 Reading Quiz 1
EDCE 505 Reading Quiz 2
EDCE 505 Reading Quiz 3
EDCE 505 Reading Quiz 4
EDCE 505 Reading Quiz 5