- Week 8 Assignment – Lab Documentation – Configure IP Addresses
“Hit by a Bus”
Appropriate, precise, accurate, and thorough documentation of the steps taken to achieve results so that they are consistent and repeatable by others is the cornerstone of any technical activity—from baking to performing surgery to creating software. As a software engineer, a large portion of your responsibility will involve your ability to create software documentation that another engineer could look at and follow to achieve the same results in your absence—as you have been “hit by a bus.”
Using a combination of screenshots and text directions (arrows, colors, and so on, where necessary), create documentation for the TestOut lab:
- Week 8 – Configure IP Addresses.
- Keep in mind that your goal is to create something that is:
- Appropriate – Documenting steps that are useful.
- Precise – Documenting the exact commands that you have performed.
- Accurate – Documenting the correct way of doing it.
- Thorough – Documenting all of the steps that you have taken to complete the lab.
- Grammatically Correct.