The purpose of the Final Paper is for you to culminate the learning achieved in the course by describing your understanding and application of knowledge in the field of business cycles through the analysis of a financial case. The Final Project represents 30% of the overall course grade.
Focus of the Final Paper
Finance The financial sector has a profound influence on important macroeconomic variables like GDP growth, employment and inflation. The evolution of financial institutions has made the world’s economies more interconnected than ever, allowing financial “contagion” to spread out of control. In an eight- to ten-page paper (not including title and references pages), address the following:
- The Great Recession of 2007-08 occurred just as Knoop was completing his text. Describe this financial crisis and describe the effect that destabilized credit, mortgage, derivative, and insurance markets had on national economies and assess the stabilization policies implemented to address them
- Compare and contrast two different countries during this time period as they experienced financial crises.
- Explain the role and action that central banks took to stabilizing the business cycle. Be sure your answer includes appropriate data, graphs, terms, macroeconomic indicators and theories used.
- Indicate which country you believe implemented the best stabilization policy during the crises, supporting your selection with scholarly resources.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least four scholarly sources, not including the text
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
PLAGARISM CHECK REQUIRED.
PLEASE PROOF READ FOR GRAMMATIC ERRORS/CORRECTIONS BEFORE POSTING FOR PURCHASE