Topic: Sweden’s Criminal Justice System
Due: May 4, 2021 by 11:59 a.m.
Discussion: Sweden’s Criminal Justice System Assignment Instructions
The student will complete 1 Discussion in this course. The student will post one thread of 800–1200 words by May 4, 2021 by 11:59 a.m. (ET). The student must then post 2 replies of at least 250 words each by 11:59 a.m. (ET) on Friday. For each thread, students must support their assertions with at least 5 scholarly citations in current APA format. Each reply must incorporate at least 1 scholarly citation in current APA format. Any sources cited must have been published within the last five years. Acceptable sources include texts, articles, presentations, the Bible, blogs, videos, etc.
Threads are due by 11:59 a.m. (ET) on May 4, 2021. Replies are due by 11:59 a.m. (ET) on Friday of the same week.
You are a university professor preparing to bring a group of Liberty University students to Sweden as part of your comparative criminal justice systems class. Although you could get students to do the work, you decide to give a great example of an analysis of the criminal justice system in Sweden. Prepare an analysis, in the form of a discussion post, of Sweden’s criminal justice system with the below listed items in mind:
The following is an outline of what you should cover in your post and paper:
- Focus upon Sweden for the purposes of this discussion.
- Begin your discussion with a brief analysis of the following elements:
- Country analysis
- Introduction to the country, people and society of the country
- Transnational issues (if applicable) that may impact law enforcement
- Relations with the United States
- What is the basic government structure and its relationship to the criminal justice system
- What is the “legal family” or basis of law in the country
- What are the major components of the criminal justice system in the country
- Please explain the following elements:
- Briefly explain the law enforcement system of the country
- Briefly explain the judicial process of the country
- Briefly explain the corrections process of the country
- Provide a brief analysis on:
- The effectiveness of the criminal justice system in the country
- The human rights perspective of the country
- Country analysis