Write a 1-page paper, using MS Word, which addresses each of the following points:
- Your analysis of the definitions of ethics and the importance of a project manager adhering to a “code of ethics” (i.e., What effect on human behaviors will the code have?).
- Identify what you think are the top three behaviors in what you would adopt as “your” code of ethics as it pertains to project management.
- What are considered to be “ethical” business behaviors vary from country to country around the world. For example, in some European countries, it is considered to be a savvy business practice to buy a product which is in limited supply with the sole intent of re-selling it for a higher price, whereas in the U.S. this might be considered to be illegal “scalping.” How would you act as a project manager if you were working on an international assignment which called for you to do something which is considered to be “ethical” in another country but “not ethical” in the United States?
- Use the following sub-titles for this part of the Assignment:
- Definition of ethics
- Importance of project managers adhering to a “code of ethics”
- Top three behaviors in your personal code of ethics (be sure to link these behaviors to project management)
- How a project manager should respond to varying “situational” standards of ethics as they are encountered from country to country.