This week you will locate three quantitative studies addressing a topic in your area of specialization. At minimum, two different statistical tests should be represented.
For example, you might search the literature for studies in transformational leadership and you may find two that used regression analysis and a third that used a t-test. For each study:
- State the null and alternative hypotheses (Hint. The authors will note the alternative hypotheses, but you will have to infer the null as those aren’t typically stated in published research)
- Identify the statistical test used to determine statistical significance (e.g., t-test, analysis of variance, multiple regression, etc.).
- Identify the test statistic, note it, and explain what it means (e.g., t=3.47).
- Identify the significance level used in each study
- Identify whether or not the authors found support for their hypotheses. Consider sample size and Type I and Type II error.
- Explain the implications of each finding.
Identify whether or not the authors found support for their hypotheses. Consider sample size and Type I and Type II error.
Explain the implications of each finding.
Length: 4 t pages
References: Include a minimum of 3 scholarly resources.