Eminent domain is a hotly contested topic in the United States. Typically, opponents see it as an unjust taking by the government, and supporters state it is needed to serve the public interest. This week, research a recent example of Eminent Domain cases or issues, and discuss the merits and implications.
Additionally, border walls and the construction of such walls is a highly polarized issue right now. Regardless of its merit, the topic does bring up an interesting legal question when using eminent domain. Discuss if you believe, based on the law, using eminent domain is allowable for the construction of border walls.
Lastly, have you or anyone in your family ever experienced an eminent domain taking at the local, state or federal level? If so, what was the outcome? Must be 100 words
This week you have learned about the basic control process and methods (bureaucratic, objective, normative, concertive and self-control) to achieve to enhance performance in an organization. To demonstrate how control processes are applied in the workplace, this week’s discussion forum will involve researching an article using one of the following sources:
- USA Today (www.usatoday.com)
- Wall Street Journal (www.wsj.com)
- New Your Times (www.nytimes.com)
- Forbes (www.forbes.com)
- Bloomberg Business Week (www.bloomberg.com)
- Inc. Magazine (www.inc.com)
- Economist (www.economist.com)
- Entrepreneur (www.entrepreneur.com)
- Harvard Business Review- (www.hbr.org)
Your task is to choose a current article (published in last 60 days) from one of the above-listed sources that relate to how managers effectively control their responsibilities.
- What does control mean for a business? What do companies have to do to be in control?
- What key points in the article support your statements?
Copy and paste the URL address of the article so it can be easily shared with your classmates. Must be 100 Words.